What information do we collect?
- Personally identifiable information
- We collect information from you when you register on our site. When registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, name, telephone number, professional organization to which you belong (“Organization”), title and medical specialty, as well as demographic information (which is not unique to you) such as your ZIP code, age, and gender. We collect unique information that helps identify you, limited to either a date of birth, medical record number and is stored securely on our HIPAA complaint platform. To the extent you use any of the tools offered via the CareLoop Platform, we may store the content which you provide, which may include personally identifiable information.
- Other information
- Log Data: CareLoop may automatically collect some non-personally identifiable data about your computer or device, such as your IP address, browser type, and domain names. This information would only be used to help understand the way you use our service.
What do we use your information for?
- CareLoop collects and uses your personally identifiable information to operate the CareLoop Platform and deliver our Services.
- CareLoop keeps track of the websites and pages you visit within the CareLoop Platform, what features and content you use and how frequently to better understand how our services could improve your experience. For example, we may want to understand how doctors use the system differently than patients.
- CareLoop may also periodically contact you via surveys or emails to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services.
How information may be shared
- CareLoop does not rent, sell, or share personally identifiable information with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services that you have requested, or when CareLoop has your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- Organization: Careloop may share with your organization any data regarding your usage of services on an individual basis. You acknowledge and agree that such data may include deviations from the applicable protocols.
- Service Providers: We may use third party companies to process payments, provide customer support or perform web related services (e.g., database management, web analytics). Your personally identifiable information will not be shared with any third party service without your permission.
- Compelled Disclosures: CareLoop cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of CareLoop or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, an illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity. We may also share your information as necessary to enforce any violation of our Terms of Service or our Terms and Conditions for Organizations.
- Corporate Transactions: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information
How do we protect your information?
- We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
- We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
- No method of safeguarding information is perfect, however, and CareLoop will use the latest industry standards to keep information secure. It also is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to log off from CareLoop Platforms when finished using a shared computer and password protect your mobile devices.
- Without limiting the foregoing, CareLoop shall not be liable for any transfer of personally identifiable information that results from loss or destruction of data, corruption of storage media, power failures, natural phenomena, riots, acts of vandalism, sabotage, terrorism or any other event beyond CareLoop’s control.
- In addition, CareLoop is not responsible for the confidentiality, security or distribution of your own personally identifiable information by our partners and third parties outside the scope of our agreement with such partners and third parties.
Change and Corrections
- You can review and make changes to the personally identifiable information that you provided to CareLoop at any time by logging in to your account. Please be aware that even after your request for a change is processed, CareLoop may, for a time, retain residual information about you in its backup and/or archival copies of its database.
- If you provide CareLoop with personally identifiable information, you have the following rights with respect to that information: – To review the personally identifiable information that you provided to CareLoop – To request that CareLoop correct any errors, outdated information, or omissions in the personally identifiable information that you provided to CareLoop – To request that your personally identifiable information not be used to contact you – To opt out of receiving marketing materials regarding products and services of CareLoop, its affiliates or business partners
- If you request that your personally identifiable information be deleted from CareLoop’s records, there may be a brief delay in CareLoop’s processing that request, while we verify that the request is valid and originates from you as opposed to an unauthorized third party. Please note that if you request that your personally identifiable information be deleted, CareLoop shall have the right to terminate and/or limit your access to the CareLoop Platform.
- If you terminate your subscription to the Services, CareLoop may retain your personally identifiable information in its records for CareLoop business purposes. Without limiting the foregoing, we may retain communications relating to customer support, and/or information drawn from such communications, for statistical and/or reference purposes.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent. As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our site may make any changes to their information at anytime by logging into editing their information.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
If you have questions about this policy or CareLoop’s information collection, use and disclosure practices, you may contact us at:
c/o Privacy Officer
By Phone: (303) 870-6201
By Email: email@example.com